Monday, January 19, 2009


Streptococcal.  Go ahead, say it out loud.  It's a very fun word to say, but not the kind of bacteria you want to have partying on in the back of your throat.  I just returned from the doctor having tested positive for strep.  Bummer, I know.  

However, today I am grateful because at this moment a team of volunteers is hanging posters and placing flyers for my upcoming concert with The Thrillionaires.  I just don't know what I would have done if I had to go out into the cold and run around the valley hanging posters in my pathetic, strep-infected state.  So, THANKS A MILLION to all the volunteers who are making this concert happen.

This is not just any concert, you know.  This concert will make you laugh until you cry and then cry until all you can do is laugh at yourself.  This concert is for my friend, Nie and her husband, Mr. Nielson.  They were severely burned in a plane crash back in August, leaving their four small children to be cared for by Nie's amazing sisters during their long and expensive recovery.  If you buy tickets to this concert, 100% of your money will go toward their recovery.

But that is not all.  Three incredible women, Emily Craig, Kristen DeGraff, and Jenny Eckton have teamed up to create an awesome silent auction that also benefits the Nielsons.  It begins here on Jan. 23rd and ends at 3 p.m. on Feb 2nd.  Then, the night of the concert, all goods to be auctioned will be in the lobby of the Covey Center where the starting bid will be the last highest bid from the online auction.  Doesn't make sense?  Read more here.  

I am continually amazed at the snowball effect that Nie's example is having on the people of this world.  Her sphere of influence grows larger by the minute.  Never heard of Nie?  She will change your life.  You can check out her blog which romanticizes the mundane at www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment