I wanted to be all domestic this Valentine's Day and do a craft with my boys to showcase how artistic and hip they are. But alas, my dream of putting my best foot forward for the sake of my little blog readership was smashed to smithereens when my boys bailed five minutes into the project. Apparently they had some really important games to play on the iPad and they couldn't be bothered with cardboard hearts and glitter. The nerve.
So, here is the honest truth: I didn't want to spend any money, so I looked to the garbage for inspiration and I found it in a pile of cardboard boxes. Here is how to make my Poor Man's Valentine Craft:
1. Cut heart shapes out of cardboard boxes with a razor blade.
2. Spray them with glue.
3. Dump glitter on them like you did in kindergarten.
4. Shake off excess glitter.
5. Feel free to mix the glitter, again, like you did in kindergarten.
6. Hang hearts with colorful yarn, string, twine, etc.
Hint: To avoid glitter getting everywhere, spray your hearts with a clear lacquer at the end. Allow to dry, then hang them.
Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!