Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Behind the Scenes, Part 2: Meet April Meeker (illustrator, jewelry designer, artist)

Meet: April Meeker
(the lovely illustrator behind the Anchor music video!)

First of all, thank you all again SO MUCH for the way you have supported the music video for Anchor! I have been honestly just speechless at how many of you are posting this video to your blogs, Twitter and Facebook pages. As an independent artist, you can't possibly know what that means to me.
One of the aspects of the video that so many of you have been buzzing about is the departure from film half way through into a deliciously visual, imaginary world, illustrated by the very gifted April Meeker. April is not only an incredible illustrator, but designs and crafts jewelry for her company Second Sister Designs as well. You have to see her collections. I'm so very picky when it comes to jewelry, but for me, April's jewelry is right up my alley. I mean, cast your eyes upon this bracelet! And these earrings!!! And if you ever need a visual treat, all you need to do is hop on over to her blog and gaze upon all sorts of visionary delights. In fact, if you happen to be attending SPARK (which I'm speaking and singing at this weekend!), then you probably already know April, who will be teaching and sharing her creative gifts.
Truth be told, I could not have dreamed up a more perfect person to do the illustrations for this music video. A million thanks to April for taking on the challenge. You can read about April's own awesome perspective on working on this project here.

(Below, the technology behind the way Matt Eastin created an imaginary world with April's illustrations. Also, note the collaged hills and clouds in the background, made by my wonderfully artistic niece, Marin Reeve.)

8 comments:

  1. After watching the Anchor video, I wondered who created those imaginary scenes! April did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored the video! April is incredibly talented, as are the many others who put together your beautiful video. Keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love at first sight/listen.

    played it for my husband and we both cried,
    it is us...
    others see a clown he sees a crown.
    thank you, most lovely of you to share your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the video, loved the song!!!! THANK YOU :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just happened upon your music and I'm so glad I did. Love it. Love the Anchor video. Very well done. I just added it to my blog for others to enjoy.

    Wishing you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my...I just watched your Anchor video...it is magical so sweetly awesome. You are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The balloon sequence kind of reminded me of the animation in Mellow's "Take Me Higher" video, where they take the balloon to the moon.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ0HRlOlFKQ

    But, you guys did a WAY better job. I also liked when the camera went into the picture frame. Haven't had my jaw drop from a video like this since Royksopp's "Eple"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl4rwMZWATs&feature=related

    Really wonderful work. What a fantastic "crew".

    ReplyDelete