Friday, October 14, 2011

The Reinvention of a Dress

My little sister Lindsey and I were recently discussing our love of vintage clothes and how to reinvent them when she recommended that I check out Sarah Choi's blog. So I did and I fell in love with her work. Sarah has an amazing eye for fashion and how to remake that dress in your closet that you've saved for a decade. So I was more than thrilled when she agreed to reinvent a red tulle tent dress that I've been sitting on for a while.

I went to Sarah's house in Provo, UT for my fitting. Let's get one thing straight: Sarah is beautiful. You can't not look at her (and I mean that in the least creepy way possible). She took some simple notes on the changes I wanted to make to the dress. I asked her if she needed to measure anything and she smiled and said that she just uses her eye. What? Amazing.


Not only is Sarah beautiful, but her persona emits such light and joy.

Here's a sneak peak of BEFORE

And AFTER.
Next week, I'll be filming the music video for "Winter Moon" in this dress.
Stay tuned . . .



11 comments:

  1. What a stunning team you make! The dress is a showstopper, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tent dress" was right.

    And now it's completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! SHe is a beauty and so is the "After" dress! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to see it ON you...and I mean that in the least creepy way possible...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is divine....so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet. I'm so in love with you and your music and I mean that in the most creepy way possible. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! All three if you: the dress, you and the designer! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! That dress looks so much better now that it has been reinvented.

    ReplyDelete