Friday, June 24, 2011

Christmas Recording, Day 4

I love the way it feels to record vocals. It's an out-of-body experience that I just can't quite explain. Bless the good men who invented the microphone. (I believe there are a few contributors). The microphone I'm using on this album is a Telefunken of sorts and I used it for all of the songs on the "Anchor" album. Not sure of the model, but don't you love to say "Telefunken?"

Stuart finds some lovely flutey sounds on the organ for "Toyland," (one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs).

Joe is a pro on the tambo. (This rhyme brought to you by the letter, "O.")

And of course, Piper finds one more thing to destroy before the day is done. My shoes are her victim of choice.


3 comments:

  1. I recognize the photos from Instagram! i love seeing the photos when you post them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo..."Toyland" is one of my all-time Christmas favs also. That mic reminds me of the old-time studio standards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting!!! I know you must be sooo exauhsted so when I buy this album I will hold it in my hands and have a moment of silence for you doing this album "with child" you are amazing Mindy and I hope you get told that every single day! If not, then when you get out of bed everyday just say to yourself, I can do this today, cause Tif Cluff from arizona thinks Im amazing
    luv ya much
    Tif

    ReplyDelete