Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Good Things for Free (or Cheap)

I think it's something that females just do, but when we find cool stuff for a bargain or even better, for FREE, we like to share. So I'm feeling kind of inspired to share some neat-o free stuff that I have come across.

1.) April Meeker, who designed the illustrations in my Anchor music video, has designed a very darling desktop wallpaper, which you can view and download for FREE, right here.

2.) Don't wanna spend the money to discover rad new music until you've heard it? My friend Marilyn Lott has the best playlist of stellar music streaming on her blog. She has a new playlist every month. This is where I go to discover new music, then I buy my favorites on iTunes.

3.) I've said it before, and I'll say it again, my all-time favorite beauty product for summer is Natural Glow by Jergens. This isn't a full on self-tanner. It's very mild and gives your skin a lovely color without the Oompa Loompa effect. Around $8.

My favorite bronzer for face is Liquid Bronze by Clarins and sadly, will basically cost you your firstborn child (or $32.50). But it lasts for a very long time.

4.) Lastly, I am shamelessly promoting this FREE concert on Friday night in Provo, UT for 3 narcissistic reasons:

1. I'm on the committee for the whole concert series.
2. I'm opening for the oh, so darling Meaghan Smith, who just won a Juno for Best New Artist. (Congratulations Meaghan!)
3. It's my last show before I have my baby this summer and I want to bow out with a bang until I return in the Fall.

The Rooftop Concert Series is the first Friday of every month in downtown Provo, UT, May-October and is always FREE. Bring your lawn chairs and blankies, Aunt Hilda and Cousin Vern. See you there!





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Mindy.

    P.S. it was nice to talk to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about the concert tomorrow. C.Jane and Nie Nie have said so much good stuff about you and I also love you music. So looking forward to my girls night out tomorrow.
    Congrats on your baby as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a testimony of the Jergens Natural Glow.

    And I would that I could be in Provo for the concert--I am sure you are KILLING it right now!

    ReplyDelete