Friday, May 20, 2011

Kids Are Cake

Last night my boy was begging me to call my oldest sister Marni to see if her boys could come see his new snake, "Nino." Sadly, it was a "no-can-do" at that particular moment because they were actually at the pet store adopting cats. The cats would come home and keep their Newfoundland puppy company. I just smiled to myself, remembering how magical my pets were to me as a child. Stinker the Hamster, Nixon the mut, Butterscotch the cat, Red the horse and many others served as my closest confidants. Knowing my sister, she really doesn't care for animals, but we agreed that these years will be gone in the blink of an eye. Sometimes, we just have to throw our hands up in the air and surrender control over an organized life so that our kids can just be kids.

Marni almost has her license as a marriage and family therapist. She has a sweet, new blog called "Kids Are Cake" with darling ideas for fun things that parents can do with kids. Do you know a parent who could use a little pick-me-up? Go ahead and send them a link to Marni's blog and to this live music video of "Hourglass"
and tell them what a fabulous job they are doing. Happy weekend!




6 comments:

  1. Thanks, that is just what i needed today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally wish to make the piano version of one of my songs with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. You're so damn talented. Just wondering...do you miss your hair ever? You're just gorgeous, Mindy. Absolutely gorgeous. And I love Marni and her cool new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww i just looked at the site and it is a very nice and helpful site!Your sister rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that song...makes me tear up thinking about my little one (who loves your music too). We listen to Anchor in the car and belt it out as loud as we can - thanks for helping US make some memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved that song since the moment I heard it but this video gave me mega goosebumps. perfect! you are lovely!

    ReplyDelete