A chance to win $50 and a free CD! Read on.
Still formulating my perfect pitch here. Today I read over 3,000 adjectives in an attempt to reveal all the feelings and vibes that I want to create with this music. Here are a few favorites out of the fifty-some that I chose:
- goose bumpy
- lovey dovey
Singers I sound like. You said: Allison Sudol of A Fine Frenzy, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Norah Jones, Priscilla Ahn, Leigh Nash, Sarah McLachlan.
- Author and book: Willa Cather's, My Ántonia.
- The French films, "Le Chateau de Ma Mère," and "La Gloire de Mon Père," based on the novels by Marcel Pagnol.
- Composers: Debussy, Rachmoninov, Ravel.
- Growing up: Alphaville, Pet Shop Boys, New Order, Depèche Mode, The Cure, The Cars, The Police, Sting, Tears for Fears and by the way, the soundtrack to Romeo and Juliet changed my life.
- As a teen: The Sundays, Sarah McLachlan, Lisa Loeb.
- Currently: Lenka, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Imogen Heap, A Fine Frenzy, Jess Penner and The Beatles.
- Poets: Lorca, Neruda, Frost.
- Painters: Velazquez (Las Meninas), Picasso, Van Gogh, Matisse, Bloch.
John Taglieri - "If Vertical Horizon and Third Eye Blind got hit by Train!"
Devil Doll - "Jessica Rabbit meets Joan Jett."
Leftover Salmon - "Polyethnic Cajun Slamgrass." (I had to look up "slamgrass" too. It's a progressive form of Bluegrass).
Don't hold back. All ideas are welcome! Ready, set, GO.
(Sorry. You must live in the U.S. to participate.)